Sean Hannity could've remained a mystery client of Michael Cohen's -- until a lawyer representing The New York Times and CNN stepped in
Ubiquitous
2018-04-19 01:05:03 UTC
The revelation that Fox News opinion host Sean Hannity is one of
Michael Cohen's clients was arguably the biggest bombshell to emerge
from Cohen's court hearing in New York on Monday.

But Hannity's name could have been swept under the rug, had it not
been for Robert Balin, an attorney for five news organizations,
including the Associated Press. Balin, who is reportedly with law
firm Davis Wright Tremaine, attended the hearing to represent the
news media's interests.

Cohen, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, is under criminal
investigation regarding his business dealings. During the
proceedings on Monday, Cohen's attorney's attempted to prevent the
disclosure of Cohen's ties to a "publicly prominent individual" who
had asked for privacy and asked not to be named.

US District Court Judge Kimba Wood was reportedly prepared to allow
Cohen's attorneys to reveal the name under seal, making it so that
the court would learn the name of Cohen's mystery client, without
revealing the name publicly.

Balin objected and argued there was an "intense public interest in
the issues that are before this court," according to Bloomberg News.

Judge Wood agreed with Balin's assessment: "I understand he doesn't
want his name out there, but that's not enough under the law," Wood
said after listening to Balin.

Once Hannity's name was revealed, gasps were heard throughout the
room, according to Business Insider reporter Sonam Sheth.

Hannity has since distanced himself from Cohen in a series of
tweets.

"Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter," Hannity
wrote on Twitter. "I never retained him, received an invoice, or
paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him
about legal questions about which I wanted his input and
perspective."
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-04-19 14:15:47 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
The revelation that Fox News opinion host Sean Hannity is one of
Michael Cohen's clients was arguably the biggest bombshell to emerge
from Cohen's court hearing in New York on Monday.
Also irrelevant to the Russia/Trump collusion mandate in Mueller's
commission.

Can you say McCarthyism?
--
That's Karma

*Rumination*
2- If Donald Trump deleted all of his emails, wiped his server with
Bleachbit and destroyed all of his phones with a hammer, would the
Mainstream Media suddenly lose all interest in the story and declare him
innocent?